C'est les choses dans ma tête.

21.10.05

It's an Honor

My mother went to parent/teacher conferences today. She just called and told me how it went. From what she said, it went incredibly well for me. Two of my teachers recommended me for honors classes (it's about time). My English teacher, Mrs. Brown, recommended me for honors English and my chemistry teacher, Dr. Carlson recommended me for honors physics (a little intimidating. I hope that Linda Peril listens to these requests and lets me be in at least one of these classes.

The reason I said 'it's about time' is because ever since first grade, I have been trying so hard to get into honors classes. It's all because my 5th grade teacher told me I had the potential for it. I think I may finally be getting my wish. I am flattered. As Madame G's shirt said today, 'Life is good.'

I actually did get into honors English in 8th grade. It was horrible. Not the class, but my expectations for what was supposed to happen after it. I though I was practically garunteed a spot in high school honors English. I was disappointed to find my schedule didn't have the honors English class written in recommended classes. I was so confused. I got a nice 'B' in the class and got really good scores on my ISTEP test. What happened, I am not quite sure. Amanda Barnett had the same thing happen to her. She is in my English class, so hopefully we both get into honors English. That would be swell.

Well, let's hope for the best and listen to the Initial D soundtrack!

No comments:

Dessart in the Desert © 2007 by Ryan Alspaugh