C'est les choses dans ma tête.

30.5.06

Summron Adventrons

So, yesterday, Ryo visited my house.

It was pretty exciting. We played Super Smash Bros, and went hiking. Just in the short time Ryo was over and playing Super Smash Bros with me, I improved a lot. This is due to the fact that he taught me how to properly execute smash attacks. I knew they exsisted, and I sorta knew how to do it, but I really didn't know how to pull it off. So, now I am working on pulling off the smash attacks during battle. It is quite intense. I practiced a lot last night.

Then, we went hiking down in the trails behind my house.

It was very intense.

We had a very safe trip, though.

Yeeeeeah, the trip was a bit scary at times. For a while, we were just walking down the path like civilized humans. Later, we started throwing rocks in the creek, but even that can get boring. So, I decided to climb a solid dirt hill with rocks jutting out of it. The hill was about... 70o, I'd say. So, the path is halfway up this approximately 40 foot total hill. The top is grassy, the bottom feeds out into the creek. So, I start climbing. I head in the upward direction from the pathway. At this point, it's about 20 feet up to the very top of the hill where it flattens, and the grass starts. I wanted to reach this grassy zone. So, I grab onto the first rock and start pulling myself upward. I get about halfway up the top half, and I reach for a rock that appears to be securely in the earth. Unfortunately, it came out of the ground easier than expected. I didn't want this rock to roll down and hit Ryo on the path, so I tried to keep it in my hand while balancing on the other little rocks.

This is where my voyage takes a turn. I begin heading down the hill. Yeah, down. At first, I was moving feet first, but facing the hill. I managed to turn around, still feet first, but facing outwards. It really is amazing at the amount of thoughts that pass your mind at moments like this. My descent was a quick one. I eventually reached the path with the rock that came out still in hand, not wanting it to hit Ryo. So, I realized that the situation was beginning to get much worse. The path marks an even steeper descent downwards straight into the creek. There is a good 20 feet left to roll.

Fortunately, there is a chain railing at the edge of the path. As I went speeding past the pathway, I managed to let go of the wretched rock, and grab onto the chain railing. At this point, I am thinking, "I hope this thing can hold up."

It did, I survived with only a minor injury on my knee.

It was a quite intense experience. I hope to do it again someday.

No comments:

Dessart in the Desert © 2007 by Ryan Alspaugh