C'est les choses dans ma tête.

28.2.06

Review it, dumb Crit!

I wish I could be a critic. That would rock. You could sit around all day and tell people what was wrong with their work. "Yes, the piece is good. All except for that horrendous nose!"

Oh yeah.

On other news, I have been drawing a lot of my comic. My style has finally been refined to look rather nice. Unfortunately, there is the issue with the text. Text. It sucks. I wish that I had better handwritting or something, because I am afraid that the general reader won't be able to figure out what I am trying to say. So, to try to approach this issue, I went to the local Borders and read a book on comic book creating. Right when I opened the book, I went to the section on the text. They recommend:

1. Try to do hand-written, it gives it some personality.
2. If the hand-writting is bad, create a personal font.
3. Use default computer text... Sans.

So, I am trying out number one on the list, first. When this doesn't work out, if so, I will create a font. If I just can't get those fonts working. I suppose I can settle for a little comic sans.

I am kinda liking this hand-written idea. It makes the editing part so much easier. All I have to do is scan, crop, save, and post. No text editing whatsoever.

Alright. If you have been recently to check out the Beach Aliens site, you probably noticed the lack of updates. Nonono, this doesn't mean that I have stopped creating it at all. I am just trying to get my hands on my own personal scanner to use (instead of my brother's). So, I am forced to save up my own cash to get my own. Hopefully, I will have it soon. This way, I can post the 5.5 unscanned pages I have sitting on my desk.



Since this post is entitled 'Review it, dumb Crit!,' I will (without further adue) now explain. I plan on trying out new things (like Google Pages post) and talking about them here. If you didn't notice, that was kinda the idea behind the past two posts. I find I get way more page hits when I do this. Hehe. I mean, who really wants to read about what I did during my day?

No, don't get me wrong, I will still do some filler-sort posts about me, but the main focus is changing to the idea of criticism. Oh yes, wonderful criticism. Nope, I couldn't find too much interesting, fresh, and new stuff to write about today, but, maybe tomorrow.

When, which is probably soon, I get sick of being a critic, I will just stop writing those crit-ish articles, and come back to my good ol' style of talking mainly about me.

Hope to see you around.

No comments:

Dessart in the Desert © 2007 by Ryan Alspaugh