C'est les choses dans ma tête.

23.2.06

A Scanner Darkly

Hello,
I just arrived home from school. Well, about two hours ago.

What did I do in those two hours?

What could possibly keep me entertained for a full two hours?

Hint>>It was just one thing.

If you knew now, without reading ahead, I would be a little scared.



Hint>>I could lay on the couch while doing it

Eh, I'd still be quite freaked out if you knew by this point.


Hint>>It didn't involve the television.


Hint>>It came in the mail.

I could see you getting it by about this point.


Hint>>I read something.

Yes, but what?


Hint>>It was a magazine.

Can you guess which one?



Okay, enough with the guessing game. I'll just tell you. I got my first issue of my year's subscription to Wired magazine. It was really a nice deal. $10 per 12 issues! Yay. I get to have my NERD feed of information.

Well, featured in the magazine (on the cover, actually) was a look at the upcoming movie, A Scanner Darkly. This movie is not your ordinary Sci-fi film. It has a very unique look and feel to it. The movie looks like it is fully animated at times, but at others, you think the characters may be real. This is due to the unique style they used for the recording of the movie. They recorded the movie as usual, but in the editing stages, they transformed the images to get a very unique look. To me, it looks like the images of the loading screen in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Here is a screenshot from the film:


Oh, I hope that this movie releases soon. It is sure to please audiences in a similar way to how Sin City did.

I am excited. I hope you are as well.

Bye.

No comments:

Dessart in the Desert © 2007 by Ryan Alspaugh