C'est les choses dans ma tête.

27.2.06

Of Google Pages and Spores

Google Pages
Yes, I tried out Google's new Google Pages Beta deal. It's a great WYSIWYG editor, but if you are strongly attatched to your HTML, Google Pages is not for you.

I found that the best part of Google Pages was the fact that you didn't have to download anything. It was all embedded on their web's (Google Pages). The unfortunate thing in my case is their lack of Opera support. I had to open up Firefox in order to use it. (Don't worry, you die-hard IE fans can still enjoy it, too.)

Another downside, it has some small (most likely soon-to-be-solved) issues. When you publish your site, it takes approximately 10 minutes for the changes to show up. Sometimes, there are strange issues that preventing you from going to the page at all. But, I'm sure, with time, these issues will be solved. I suppose that's why this is still in its BETA stage.

So, if you:
a) have a Gmail account
b) don't have much webpage building experience
c) don't mind putting up with the BETAness

Then, this is a great thing for you to try out.
If you want to see the page I whipped up in a matter of minutes, go here:Google Pages Sample.



Spore
I am in the local Game Preserve (nerdy, I know) with Ryo on Saturday night, and he tells me about this new game coming out from Maxis (creators of Sims). The game is called Spore. ::Official Site:: Spore is a very cool, extremely innovative idea. You start out as a measly single-celled organism, and you have to evovle and become so advanced that you can actually travel to other people's planet's (with online connection), and interact with them.

This game is bound to be a huge success. It is currently going to be realest for PC, and possibly the XBox 360. I am really hoping that I can find this game on some sort of Play Station console. Whether it's the PS2 or upcoming PS3, I don't care. I just don't want to have anything to do with Xbox, and I don't have a great graphics card on my PC.

So, let's just all hope that this game doesn't require a monthly fee when it is released.

Bye.

No comments:

Dessart in the Desert © 2007 by Ryan Alspaugh