C'est les choses dans ma tête.

18.12.05

100th post!

Yay, I have reached my one-hundredth post in my Dessart In the Desert blog! What a joyous day! And just in time for finals too!

Oh no! Finals!

This is bad, I must study, but not without making a blog post first.

Okay, so this weekend was great. I feel like I actually got something accomplished. What I found as I was surfez sur le Internet was a Pop'n music simulator by Stepmania. I found it through the Bemanistyle forum. It excited me since I have always wanted to play Pop'n Music, but it was always way too expensive. So, I downloaded the simulator and started to play. Unfortunately, Pop'n is not Pop'n with out a controller. So, I set out to see what I could do about it.

I went back to the forums and found a thread on how to make your own controller out of a USB keyboard. The only unfortunate thing was, I didn't have a USB keyboard! I called the local computer stores just to be disappointed in finding out that there were none in town for under $15, my budget.

So, I talked to my dad about it and he told me about this used computer parts store in Indianapolis. We went there there yesterday since we were already planning on going to Indianapolis to do some Christmas shopping. *gags*

So, we enter the store and the employee asks if there is anything we are looking for. After telling him, we search through this large bin a $5 keyboards to see if any of them were USB keyboards. To my excitement, my dad uncovered a nice, black USB keyboard with the PS2 adapter attached. HuZZaH!!

We bought this inexpensive, $5 keyboard, and left the store before the workers changed their minds.

I began my dissection of the keyboard. Removing all the keys but a select few, I finally finished. Now, all I needed was some sort of half spheres to make the buttons. Today, my dad took me to the local Target. We looked through all the sports items and eventually found these awesome, colored, foamy balls that would make perfect buttons.

I came home with my new spheres, cut them in half, glued them on, threw on some other keyboard decorations, and finally got to my finished product! The completed Pop'n Music controller was ready, and I have been having tons of fun playing on it. I can't wait to get really good at Pop'n Music. Currently, I am strung up between the light and standard levels. I hope to have a higher level by the end of the upcoming Christmas Vacation! Now, here is a picture of the $9 Pop'n Music controller made by me:


Well, I hope everyone that reads this has a good break, and finals. Bonne chance!

No comments:

Dessart in the Desert © 2007 by Ryan Alspaugh