C'est les choses dans ma tête.

30.6.06

The Squid and the Whale

Okay, I watched a very cool movie last night.

Well, unfortunately I didn't get to see all of it. I was really uncomfortable watching a movie like that when my dad was right next to me watching it too. Well, the movie started out innocent enough making me laugh a lot, and if I were alone, I would've definitely watched the whole thing. Unfortunately, it went over the edge of comfort when the kid was in the library masturbating and then smearing his semen on the books. It was not something you want to be watching with the parentals in the room. Talk about akward (I thought the movie was funny in its own disgusting way, but didn't show it).

So, I said, "That's really gross." and shut the movie off. So, what I learned is: Do not watch indie films with your parents in the room. It dooms akward situations.


I also watched the movie The Hills Have Eyes. Personally, I would've prefered The Squid and the Whale, but that was a bit too much for the moment. The Hills Have Eyes would better be titled as The Massacre of the Mutants. That movie was horribly gory! It was made fine, but it was just so over the top. I would not consider it a scary movie, just a shocking movie. I liked the background music though. It was very suave. It didn't really fit the 60's mining theme that they had set.

I love Family Video.

No comments:

Dessart in the Desert © 2007 by Ryan Alspaugh