C'est les choses dans ma tête.

8.9.05

Korea

I went out to eat last night with my aunt. It was a fun time. I really enjoyed the authentic experience I got.

We went to a Korean restaurand calle Gaza Grill. It was SPICY and delicious!

We entered the resteraunt and we were seated. We decided to try to sit in the authentic seats, so off we went. Of course, we had to remove our shoes before going to the formal seating area. In this area, the seats are small "L" shaped peices of pliable wood with cushions on the bottom of them. The chairs were placed around small tables about knee-high. We snuggled down into the chairs while the host told us a breifing on Korean food and explained how the restaurant was set up.

I ordered Korean Miso soup, my aunt ordered a seafood fried rice, and my sister ordered steamed clear noodles. My favorite of the three dishes was my own, then my aunt's, then last, my sister's. Hers kind of tasted a little strange. She didn't really eat much of it either.

Before your food comes, they give you four different apetizerish dishes to feast on while waiting. There were fish cakes, broccoli, potatoes (pickled), and then this really spicy dish that was made out of cabbage. I can't quite remember the name of it.

Besides the prices and long wait, the Gaza Grill was a great place to eat.

Now, I must mow our lawn.

No comments:

Dessart in the Desert © 2007 by Ryan Alspaugh