C'est les choses dans ma tête.

13.9.05

GREEN DAY!!!



YEAY! I saw GREENDAY! I had so much fun!

I wish I could go see them again.

::So we get there::
and get patted down by the security guards. We walked to the "Club Level" of the stadium where the entrance to our luxurious suite was. We finally found it and entered. The set at the concert was amazing! I got quite a rush when I first looked out to the stage.

There was a opening band called "Jimmy Eat World" playing when we got there, but that's not who we came to see so they weren't all that exciting.

After "Jimmy" stopped playing, we all rushed down to the concert tee stand to get our concert tees. The crowd around the vendor was unbelievable! We waited for a while, but since we didn't want to miss the opening act, we decided to leave and come back later during a boring song. (which there weren't really any)(Megan's dad went to get the sirts for us later)

Because of a complicated mixup, we almost missed the opening act, but we ran into our suite just as the 2001: A Space Odyssey Intro was playing. Green Dat came RUNNING OUT AND EVERYONE SCREAMED!!!!!!! They broke out into American Idiot and people screamed EVEN LOUDER!

After Green Day did their little run off the stage dilly, they came back since we chanted their name. (I guess this always happens at concerts)

They performed SHOUT! and We Are The Champions, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, and then Good Riddance as the final song after they returned from their run off the stage dilly. Before that, they played all original songs from the American Idiot album.

Well, thanks TONS to Megan and her dad! What fun!

Don't want to be an American Idiot!

Wait, I already am...

2 comments:

Ryo said...

Some constructive criticism here.

ALL CAPS ARE VERY VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND MAKE YOU SOUND LIKE A SCREAMING TWO YEAR OLD.

And another thing. Check your spelling. When you write about "Green Dat" we might understand that you're talking about "Green Day," but it makes you sound like you don't really care about what you're typing. This impression is definitely negative.

And something else. You didn't have a lot of real "meat" to the post. Reading your post, the concert came across as being fifteen minutes long. Personally, I like to tie a message, lesson, or something of that nature to an event. If you just brush over your event and outline it, it doesn't make it as worthy of reading compared to, say, a post about how Green Day got you to realize that popular bands over-commercialize and ruin the true free-spirit nature of music. Having an opinion or message gets the reader to pay attention more since the reader has something to relate to.

What I do is read my post on my website after I post. This is when I can catch simple mistakes that I miss when typing. I edit the post and correct everything. Having a poorly spelled post is embarassing and degrades the post as a whole.

Then again, you don't have to listen to any of my nonsense. Just some tips to improve your writing. I thought this post was a good example to use with my "pet peeves for personal journals/blogs" ideas since it had great potential, but was degraded by some of my pet peeves. I wish I had this information when I started my blog. I'm embarassed by my archives.

Dessart said...

I don't mind the critique.

Dessart in the Desert © 2007 by Ryan Alspaugh