C'est les choses dans ma tête.

22.8.06

Packaging

Today, in Creative Writing, we were asked for words that came to mind when we heard 'beach.' The class eagerly brainstormed words that the teacher's assistant wrote on the board. Once the board was filled, we were asked to write a discriptive journal entry about the beach... Ahem... Without using any of the words on the board. Here's what I came up with:

The mist blew over my face. I could feel the tiny stings of perspiration over my body. I glance across the vast sea. My mind is at peace as the pinkish colors begin to climax. Our guiding star is fading slowly over the horizon. It moves over the Atlantic to a new hemisphere, a different world. I can still see the whole sphere in the sky as I lie there, basking in its fading warmth. A light flow of air blows across my face, and heads out to the vast sea. The pinks and the oranges begin to fade now. There is no longer a full circle in the sky. I hear another crash, and the mist quenches my parched skin. I notice how the sea's level was considerably higher than when I arrived. To my right, I see three couples. To my left, I see two families, and all are completely absorbed in watching the scene. Even the children stop harrassing the white-winged pickpockets to see the natural colors fade to another place.

The sky became dark, but I could still hear the crash. I could still feel the mist, but the show was over. We were left with an erie darkness. The abyss up ahead was overwhelming. I stared into it for awhile, and then made my way back to the cottage on the hill.

No comments:

Dessart in the Desert © 2007 by Ryan Alspaugh