C'est les choses dans ma tête.

27.2.07

«Academy Awards Reflections»



Penelope Cruz was looking quite unique and over-the-top glamourous in her 79th Academy Awards dress. I thought it looked interesting, but the feathers were a bit much. At least it wasn't as bad as Jennifer Hudson.



All in all, I was a little bored because of the Academy Awards this year. The people I wanted to win didn't win. It was annoying. The most suprising win was Alan Arkin from Little Miss Sunshine. Totally unexpected. Everyone thought Eddie Murphy would win. Oh well, I had my vote in for him (one of the few I actually wanted to win that won).

I was disappointed that Pan's Labyrinth didn't win more.

When you work at a movie theater, movies just become part of your daily life and it isn't unusal to hear constant chit-chat about the newest flicks.

There were a good number of lesbians featured this year at the Academy Awards. That's good. I think it's a big step to total acceptance. Ellen was a great host.

No comments:

Dessart in the Desert © 2007 by Ryan Alspaugh